Senior Applied ML Scientist
Opportunity also for people with disabilities
As a Data Scientist working as a Senior Applied ML Scientist at Beacon, you will use world-class engineering and AI/ML techniques on real-world aviation data to directly impact our customers. You will have the opportunity and nearly unlimited scope to prototype, test, and execute while working cross-functionally with other scientists and engineering across a wide range of stakeholders.
Responsibilities and assignments
We are looking for an experienced ML scientist who can strategize, roadmap, execute, and help build our data science team. This will encompass creating a collaborative environment with other scientists and engineers to use rigorous quantitative research methods and data presentation to uncover the factors that drive business solutions. You will help architect and build the analytical experiments, models, reports, and dashboards and translate quantitative assessments into actionable insights.
- Build predictive models, apply causal inference techniques, and design and analyze experiments to support high impact company initiatives
- Work closely with engineers on detailed requirements, technical designs, and implementation of end-to-end solutions.
- Structure and build analytical experiments, models, reports, and dashboards using statistical and other quantitative analytical methods.
Requirements and qualifications
- Fluent English.
- Bachelor's degree related to Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent education.
- A track record of ideating and leading ambitious research projects inspired by real-world challenges resulting in tangible business impact.
- Passion for building strong relationships with stakeholders and colleagues to tackle big, cross-functional problems.
- Exceptional communication with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to thrive with minimal oversight and process.
- You excel in at least one major language (e.g., Python) and ML/DL framework (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras).
- Experience with technical leadership, being the point person for one or more stakeholder groups.
EmbraerX, who we are
EmbraerX is a market accelerator, an arm of Embraer, the 3rd largest aircraft manufacturer in the world, that builds disruptive new businesses that transform how people engage with the world.
Much of the world is fragmented and people are looking to belong to ecosystems and networks where value creation is equally shared across all communities. EmbraerX aims to design for this changing mindset and help users cut through the complexity.
Beacon, effortlessly connecting the aviation ecosystem
We are developing a digital multi sided business platform, named Beacon: the world’s first Customer Success Aviation Maintenance Platform, that empowers users to seamlessly connect with one another in a whole new way and keep airplanes flying.
Our brand is driven by employees who are committed to develop innovative products, services and solutions that enable aviation companies and professionals to work smarter and more efficiently. The team is guided by the values of human-centered design and you would be collaborating with colleagues who come from diverse trans-disciplinary and cross-cultural backgrounds.
To learn more about Beacon: https://www.beacon.works/